Date:      Tue, 27 Jun 2000 10:45:47 -0700
From:      bmah@acm.org (Bruce A. Mah)
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        bmah@acm.org, markm@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD pgp2, pgp6, and exmh ports

--==_Exmh_1844123850P

If memory serves me right, Mark Murray wrote:

> > I'm trying to figure out how to update the ports collection entry for
> > mail/exmh2.  One of the other exmh developers recently added support
> > for PGP 6.5, and I'm trying to figure out how to make all these things
> > work together in the ports collection.
>
> Cool!
>
> > Anyone have any suggestions as to how to deal with this?
>
> Is there an option you can use, like pgp --version?

I'm not sure.  exmh can detect and support multiple versions of PGP
largely by checking for the existence of files.  That's clearly not the
only way to do it, but changing this means a little more thought.
(There's an implicit assumption that we can locate the PGP executables
by distinct names, which currently default to pgp, pgp5, gpg, and pgp6.)

I'm tempted to send-pr the diffs for an exmh-2.2 ports patch the way
they are now, and to fix up the PGP 6.5 support later.  But I'm not sure
if this is The Right Thing (TM) to do.

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_1844123850P

--==_Exmh_1844123850P--