Date:      Fri, 23 Jun 95 12:16:00 PDT
From:      Plyaskin Sergey <splyaski@cmp.com>
To:        "' freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   How to delete a package?

Hi folks,

I tried to install CERN httpd package on my 950412 system.  Something went
wrong, and it wasn't installed correctly.  Now, if I try to install it again
with pkg_add script, it gives me the error "Package `cern_httpd-3.0' already
recorded as installed."
However, if I try to delete the package with pkg_delete, it says there's no
such a package installed.

What should I do? How can I edit the registry (or whatever it's called in
FreeBSD) manually to clear that entry? TIA.

Serge                     splyaski@cmp.com