Date:      Wed, 5 Mar 2003 16:00:09 +0000
From:      Tim Bishop <tim-lists@bishnet.net>
To:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Trouble keeping up...

Hi,

We (the UK Mirror Service) run ftp2.uk.freebsd.org, and we recently
switch to pulling from ftp.uk.freebsd.org after ftp.freebsd.org proved
to slow (and also seemed to be an inappropriate site to mirror from).
However, we're still having trouble keeping up with the changes when
things get busy around release time.

We synchronize once daily using ftp. Last night we only managed to pull
600mb during the night - we stop mirroring sometime in the morning.
This left us with around 1.8gb still left to pull. Obviously this is
not good and means we lag further behind when a release happens and
we're therefore offering out-of-date files.

Is there anything we can do to improve this? Maybe a faster site to
mirror off - I think there may be an EU master site now?

Cheers guys,
Tim.

--
Tim Bishop,