Date:      29 Jan 1997 23:22:41 +0100
From:      Peter Mutsaers <plm@xs4all.nl>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Megahertz BNC/UTP problem

I have a Megahertz PCMCIA ethernet card with a BNC and UTP
connection. Under FreeBSD (latest PAO) it doesn't work.

The card is recognized. When I send data I see the led blink, and when
data arrives I see it blink too.

But the data which is supposed to be sent, never really arrives on the
ethernet (it is not seen by my other computer).

Is this a known problem? Is it possible that it tries to send on UTP?
I have only BNC connected.

Under Win95 I have to choose manually whether to use BNC or UTP. Can I
or must I do that with FreeBSD/PAO?

Thanks,

--
Peter Mutsaers  |  Abcoude (Utrecht), |  Trust is a good quality
plm@xs4all.nl   |  the Netherlands    |  for other people to have