Date:      Thu, 17 May 2012 16:26:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jason Usher <jusher71@yahoo.com>
To:        Jason Hellenthal <jhellenthal@dataix.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Need to revert behavior of OpenSSH to the old key order ...

=0A=0A--- On Thu, 5/17/12, Jason Hellenthal <jhellenthal@dataix.net> wrote:=
=0A=0A> > That is not the standard "key mismatch" error that you=0A> assume=
d it was.=A0 Look at it again - it is saying that=0A> we do have a key for =
this server of type DSA, but the client=0A> is receiving one of type RSA, e=
tc.=0A> > =0A> > The keys are the same - they have not changed at all -=0A>=
 they are just being presented to clients in the reverse=0A> order, which i=
s confusing them and breaking automated,=0A> key-based login.=0A> > =0A> > =
I need to take current ssh server behavior (rsa, then=0A> dss) and change i=
t back to the old order (dss, then rsa).=0A> =0A> Have you attempted to cha=
nge that order via sshd_config and=0A> placing the=0A> DSA directive before=
 the RSA one ?=0A=0A=0Asshd_config has no such config directive.  ssh_confi=
g does, but that's for clients, and I have no way to interact with the clie=
nts.=0A=0AIt would indeed be very nice if this key order, which seems like =
a prime candidate for configuration, was a configurable option in sshd_conf=
ig, but it is not.=0A=0AI am fairly certain that I need to hack up some sou=
rce files, and I thought I had it with myproposal.h (see link in OP) but th=
ere must be more, because that small change does not fix things...