Date:      Sun, 27 Jan 2002 22:26:48 -0500
From:      Alan Eldridge <alane@geeksrus.net>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
Cc:        "Brian T. Schellenberger" <bts@babbleon.org>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG, knu@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports superceding others?

On Sun, Jan 27, 2002 at 07:23:18PM -0800, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
>* Brian T. Schellenberger <bts@babbleon.org> [020127 19:07] wrote:
>> On Sunday 27 January 2002 09:58 pm, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
>> > Isn't there some way of marking XFree86-4 as a superset of all
>> > the mini x11 ports?
>>
>Yes I do.  However I failed to mention that this is really a problem
>with portupgrade/pkgdb -F.

No, it's not.

It's a problem that XF86-4 is a megaport (containing all the files of the
other ports) and not a *meta*-port, which merely requires the installation
of the other ports. See the x11/kde2 port for an example of a metaport.

As I stated, this is under discussion and some preliminary work has been
done. See the list I cited earlier for that information.

--
Alan E
"Please rush me my portable walrus cleaning kit! Yes I am over 18,