Date:      Sun, 11 Nov 2012 04:55:46 -0500
From:      "Thomas Mueller" <mueller23@insightbb.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        "John W. O'Brien" <john@radioprosciutto.org>, llwang@infor.org
Subject:   Re: Snag in math/py-numpy: checksum fails

On 10/28/2012 09:58 PM, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> This time, the checksum apparently fails on two files in math/py-numpy.
[snip]

"John W. O'Brien" <john@radioprosciutto.org> responded:

> As others have noted, this problem arises when upgrading math/py-numpy
> because the PDFs across versions are not distinguishable by file name.
> Cached distfiles are not replaced but fail the checksum step.
> science/py-scipy has this problem too.

> I've filed a bug report upstream for numpy, and will follow-up in due
> course with an equivalent ticket for scipy.

> http://projects.scipy.org/numpy/ticket/2245

> In the mean time, the work-around is to manually delete
> $DISTDIR/numpy-{ref,user}.pdf before upgrading. Until this is resolved
> upstream (or if it never is), perhaps the maintainer would develop a
> local versioning system, or accept a patch that implements one.

> Regards,
> John

Good, I hope they fix the bug, since it can pose problems for package
management systems outside FreeBSD, as well as FreeBSD ports.

My workaround was to go directly to the source and download the documentation
files directly to the appropriate place in distfiles directory.

But perhaps many users would not think of what I did, or would not use
log files.

Tom