Date:      Thu, 2 Mar 2017 22:50:13 +0100
From:      Christoph Moench-Tegeder <cmt@burggraben.net>
To:        Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>
Cc:        gecko@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Thunderbird and UPDATING 20170302

## Andrea Venturoli (ml@netfence.it):

> I read that "After changes in the packaging of the Lightning extension,
> profiles using this extension have to be re-created".
>
> Will this mean I should recreate the *Lightning* part of the profile
> (like removing the calendars, upgrading, then adding them back again)?
> Or does this mean I'll have to recreate the whole ThunderBird profile???

That means the whole thunderbird profile (sorry).
I tried to save us all from that hassle, but all I got was a
more-or-less broken Lightning in existing profiles (from "no
Lightning at all" to "seems to work, but extensions building on
Lightning - like the Provider for Google Calendar - may act weird")
or "no Lighnting for new profiles". That (besides work commitments)
is why this rather trivial update took way longer than it should have
taken.

Perhaps there is an easier way using the "Import" feature of
thunderbird, I did not explore that.

Sorry,
Christoph

--