Date:      Thu, 04 Jun 2015 10:29:53 +0200
From:      Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>
To:        bdrewery@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Portupgrade a jail

Hello.

Is it possible to run portupgrade from the base system, while addressing
a jail?

I see some threads about this, but they all go back to the pre-pkgng era.

To me it look like "pkg -r /usr/jail/xxx" works, but I don't see any way
to make portupgrade pass this option along.
Then again, I think portupgrade, having it's onw databases, needs more
than that...

In any case I'd like to avoid the need to install N+1 copies of
portupgrade and its dependencies on a system with N jails.
Is there any way to achieve this?

  bye & Thanks
	av.