Date:      Fri, 14 Apr 2006 02:18:31 -0300 (ADT)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        freebsd-proliant@freebsd.org
Subject:   iLO ... not very robust ... ?

Is it just me, or is iLO not a particulary robust interface?

Just had my server crash ... no problem, login through iLO/ssh, do a
remcons and watch things ... but, even though I could get in through SSH,
I couldn't get in through the web ...

Finally found an iLO manual on my Documentation CD ... all 197 pages of it
... just printed it off (prefer reading paper over PDF), and *wow* ...
this thing does alot ... but, so far, I haven't found a way to 'reset the
web interface' ... does anyone know how to do so?

And, the manual talks about interfacing using perl ...

My main question here ... is anyone actually *using* this stuff already,
or just running FreeBSD on it?

now, jcagle has his tools page (http://people.freebsd.org/~jcagle/), but
nothing there has changed in ~6 months ... maybe we need some sort of
'cookbook' section added, where ppl can start submitting *tools* or
*scripts* that they've been working on in relation to all of this ...

For instance, if anyone is interested, there are Sample Perl Scripts
available at:

http://h18013.www1.hp.com/support/files/lights-out/us/download/24180.html

Too late tonight to play with them, will over the weekend, but the tools
seem to be there, even if some of the CLI interfaces don't work right
under FreeBSD, to get into the hardware itself ...

----