Date:      Mon, 01 Feb 2010 22:06:48 +0300
From:      Denis Shaposhnikov <dsh@wizard.volgograd.ru>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Call for testing: new mplayer and x264 port

On 02/01/2010 01:44, Thomas Zander wrote:

> I have spent some time working on the experimental new mplayer port
> and the (dissatisfying) x264 story today, and those of you who are
> interested can find the results here:
> http://www.rrr.de/~riggs/mplayer/m20100131.tar.bz2

I've tried it and seems it works fine for me. Could you add into mplayer
option "ASM" like for x264? I've removed "--without-sse3" and added
"--cc=gcc44" to CONFIGURE_ARGS and mplayer works fine. It seems better
don't use things like "USE_GCC=4.4+" because it changes CFLAGS and
mplayer's configure script can't autodetect optimal CFLAGS for this host.

Thanks!