Date:      Sun, 01 Feb 1998 21:30:11 +0100
From:      "Helmut F. Wirth" <hfwirth@eunet.at>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Can't get Linux-gdb (from ports collection) to work

Amancio Hasty wrote:

> Hi Guus,
>
> Earlier linux binutils have been reported to be buggy with respect
> to Mesa-lib or so has been posted on 3dfx.glide.linux.
>
>         Cheers,
>         Amancio

I tried to use binutils-2.8.1 and built for Linux-ELF. The assembler is
usable as a replacement for the assembler from linux_devel. It even has
MMX instructions. I have not tested it very much, but it seems to work.
But I installed *only* the assembler, not the linker and the other
tools, just to be sure.
I did not yet have the time to try it with Mesa-386-glide. If it
solves the SIGILL, I will report it here.

Helmut
--
Helmut F. Wirth
Email: hfwirth@ping.at