Date:      Wed, 15 Nov 1995 08:25:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      Charles Owens <owensc@enc.edu>
To:        questions list FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   problem: netatalk and de0 interface

Hi all,
I've installed netatalk on my 2.0.5-RELEASE system (using 2.1-STABLE
kernel), but am having trouble getting it to actually work.  I'm using the
de0 interface, and someone has suggested that maybe my trouble results
from the de0 interface perhaps not supporting multicasting (does it?).
Anyhow, when I run any of the netatalk programs (in this example, atalkd)
I get messages along the lines of:

	Nov 14 15:32:41 dingo atalkd[181]: aep sendto: Network is unreachable
	Nov 14 18:31:43 dingo atalkd[181]: nbp lkup sendto 65480.34:
		Network is unreachable

Any comments?  Should it work with the de0 interface?  Do I have to do
some special first?  (some ifconfig command or something?)

thanks,
---
  Charles Owens					 Email:  owensc@enc.edu
                                       "I read somewhere to learn is to
  Information Technology Services     remember... and I've learned that
  Eastern Nazarene College            we've all forgot..."   - King's X