Date:      Sat, 30 Mar 2002 02:49:53 +0300
From:      Walrus <hatta@yandex.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   [hatta@yandex.ru: Re: My experience on compiling 5.0]

----- Forwarded message from Walrus <hatta@yandex.ru> -----

Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 02:16:56 +0300
From: Walrus <hatta@yandex.ru>
To: "Gary W. Swearingen" <swear@blarg.net>
Subject: Re: My experience on compiling 5.0

On Fri, Mar 29, 2002 at 01:39:16PM -0800, Gary W. Swearingen wrote:
> Walrus <hatta@yandex.ru> writes:
>
> > Think about it: A desktop worked 3 years under M$ OS's and then from
> > July 2001 under FreeBSD, and no problems were at all with all programs,
> > so what struck on a box is builworld.
>
> My system worked well under Linux and FreeBSD for over a year using SIMM
> memory and after I upgraded to DIMM (one module, faster and bigger), it
> continued to work OK and pass long memory tests, etc., but then after a
> few months with the new memory I started getting errors like you did so
> I couldn't build 4.5-STABLE.  I de-tuned some BIOS settings (in a couple
> of groups of changes) until it worked again (and has been for a month or
> two).  ???  I'm quite sure I don't have cooling problems.  Probably some
> failing power-related hardware.

I had no more problems with make world sisnce I had ``downclocked'' CPU,
but at the time of writting this message I have make buildworld running
for 12 hours already, and it's now only at /usr/libexec stage.

> You should find some of the info you asked about here:
>
> http://docs.FreeBSD.org/44doc/    (mostly old treatises)
> http://www.freebsd.org/docs.html  (mostly current docs)

Not these - I want real docs - maybe whole 44bsd book, not only a
chapter. BTW why only a piece of that manual is given to freebsd???
Are CSRG people so greedy motherfuckers not to give us a book?
--
Walrus <hatta@yandex.ru>

----- End forwarded message -----

--