Date:      Mon, 26 Jun 95 15:12:38 EST
From:      maloneyb@cybercity.com
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Drive 2 ques.

Hi, I am a new user to FreeBSD, although I am somewhat familiar with
UNIX in general.  I am having a minor installation problem.  I am trying
to install FreeBSD on my second drive, a Western Digital Caviar 1080MB
drive.  It IS configured correctly.  When I install I set the partitions
to ( I use the whole drive)

a: 16 MB, mountpoint /
b: 32 MB, swapspace
c, d: leave at defaults...
e: 10 MB, mountpoint /var
f: 50 MB, mountpoint /usr/X11R6
g: the rest of the free space, mountpoint /usr

As you can see, I've tried to stick to the sugguestions, to try to get
it to work.

Now, to the actual problem.....  When it is finished with the initial
installation, it reboots, I select the partition to boot from, it asks
for the kernel, and I typy hd(1,a)/kernel, like I'm supposed to.  Ok,
all this runs fine and dandy until almost the end, where it hits a
system panic and I have to reboot because it can't mount the root.  Any
ideas?
                                                       Thanks,
                                                           Brian Maloney