Date:      Fri, 13 May 2005 11:58:48 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mohan Srinivasan <mohan_srinivasan@yahoo.com>
To:        Heinrich Rebehn <rebehn@ant.uni-bremen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: nfsrvstats.srvrpc_errs rapidly increasing

--- Heinrich Rebehn <rebehn@ant.uni-bremen.de> wrote:

> > There's no problem report on this.
>
> I wonder if it will ever get fixed then..

It will. It's purely a question of priorities and time.

> Since i am neither familiar with kernel sources nor with the internals
> of NFS: Could you show me, where the bug can be traced, i.e. at which
> point one can detect that the stream is out of sync? I would like to
> insert another log() in order to see, if
> - the error occurs at all
> - is in any way related to our problems.

For the bug where the stream gets out of sequence, you might want
to start by looking at this fragment of code in nfssvc_nfsd().

                        /*
                         * For stream protocols, prepend a Sun RPC
                         * Record Mark.
                         */
                        if (sotype == SOCK_STREAM) {
                                M_PREPEND(m, NFSX_UNSIGNED, M_TRYWAIT);
                                *mtod(m, u_int32_t *) = htonl(0x80000000 | siz);
                        }

mohan