Date:      Fri, 05 Apr 2002 09:35:17 -0800
From:      wsmuir@islandnet.com
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   one machine, 2 external nics

Hi all...

I'd really appreciate a hint or two on this.

I'm having problems deciding on the 'best way' for this one...

I have a freebsd 4.2 firewall machine built and have it plugged into
both a dsl modem with static ips and a cable modem with static ips...

what I am trying to do is have the machine respond to the outside
like it was 2 separate machines.

for instance i want to be able to connect to sshd on either external
ip and have it respond.
my understanding is that it won't do this because the 2nd nic doesn't
know how to route beyond its own subnet.

this is to solve a bigger problem for which there are other
solutions, but I would like to know how to do this one
specifically... thank you

Scott.