Date:      Tue, 5 Oct 1999 09:47:19 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   CVSup core dumps: a work-around

Wow, you guys have been busy while I was asleep!  Thanks for the
reports, and for the diagnosis already done by Marcel, Luoqi, and
others.

If you are stuck with a kernel that can't run CVSup, I believe you can
work around the problem by adding "@M3novm" to the cvsup command line.
Add it anywhere on the command line -- its position doesn't matter.

Also, I recommend that you _not_ try to rebuild CVSup and/or Modula-3
from the sources at this time.  I suspect Modula-3 is broken because
of the changed size of the jmp_buf type in -current.  (The M3 runtime
thinks it knows how big a jmp_buf is.)  This shouldn't affect old
binaries, but it will bite you if you try to rebuild from the sources.
I'll commit a patch as soon as I can, but I am on some other deadlines
and it might take me a day or two.

John
  "No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up."        -- Nora Ephron