Date:      Wed, 21 Nov 2012 10:00:27 -0800
From:      Garrett Cooper <yanegomi@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   net.inet6.icmp6.nd6_useloopback - what is it supposed to do?

Hi,
    I've been TAHI testing FreeBSD 7.x sources for the past couple
months and over the course of my testing via the TAHI IPv6 conformance
test, I changed the knob value from net.inet6.icmp6.nd6_useloopback=1
-> net.inet6.icmp6.nd6_useloopback=0 and ran into a slew of errors
with the addr.p2 phase-1 TAHI tests.
    I was wondering if someone could describe what the beforementioned
sysctl is supposed to do from a functional perspective, how it might
tie into other IPv6 RFCs (if applicable), and if disabled how it would
affect a system with IPv6 enabled.
Thanks,
-Garrett