Date:      Sat, 14 Sep 2002 19:37:22 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        pete@ns.altadena.net
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: VAIO R505ES TI cardbus

In message: <200209150110.g8F1AQeg006450@ns.altadena.net>
            Pete Carah <pete@ns.altadena.net> writes:
: > On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 07:24:44PM -0700, Pete Carah wrote:
: > > With current as of today, I can finally get the system to
: > > boot without acpi enabled, but not otherwise.  However,
: > > with all combinations of hw.pcic.intr_path={0,1,2},
: > > hw.pcic.irq=0, and hw.pcic.init_routing={0,1} the TI
: > > is not happy and I can't use the wireless.

You won't be able to use the the wireless card if you use inter_path
!= 2.  You must use PCI interrupts for the wireless card you have.  It
cannot and will not work with ISA interrupts.

: > > Since this system is acpi-only it would eventually be
: > > nice to get the int routing to work with acpi (actually
: > > for the Sony, it would be nice to get int routing to
: > > work at all (or is loader.conf not the place for hw.pcic.*?)
: > >
: > > with acpi enabled it hangs after "trying sbin/init".
: > > I thought jhb had committed some fixes for this; do
: > > they work on any system?

Why does it hang at sbin/init?  I need to know why it hangs there, or
what the hang is there, to proceed.

: Note: I did turn off PNP OS as hinted in the fwohci message; this appears
: to make no difference at all to anything (i.e. uhci0 and 1 and fxp still
: seem to work either way)...

I thought that the sony vaio R505ES was too new to have this option...

: Non-acpi verbose DMESG follows (I'll have to use a serial console to
: get the acpi one since it still hangs at /sbin/init :-(

Take it to the next level: where is it hanging?  In -current you can
break into the debugger and see what's going on./

: This is with PNP-OS off.

This is one of those machines that you have to have acpi in order to
route interrupts.

: cbb1: <TI1410 PCI-CardBus Bridge> at device 11.0 on pci2
: pcib1: device cbb1 requested decoded memory range 0xe0200000-0xe02fffff
: cardbus1: <CardBus bus> on cbb1
: pccard1: <16-bit PCCard bus> on cbb1
: pci_cfgintr: can't route an interrupt to 2:11 INTA
: cbb: Unable to map IRQ...

That's the classic problem.

This may be the case that there are still some subtle things wrong
with assigning of resoruces around bridges that's making this not
work.

Warner