Date:      Sun, 7 Aug 2005 17:16:17 +0000
From:      Bryan Maynard <bryan.maynard@reallm.com>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Tmocat .ear question

Hello all! I ahve a simple question: how do I deploy an EAR in Tomcat
5.0? I read through Tapestry in action and would like to give the
Virtual Library application a spin. I ran the Ant build spript and
a .ear file was created. I then dropped the .ear file into my
${CATALINA_BASE}/webapps directory. This is different from my
${CATALINA_HOME}/webapps directory. Jan Grant gave me the following
script:

[[
#!/bin/sh

CATALINA_HOME=/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat5.0
CATALINA_BASE=/home/Bryan/tomcat50
JAVA_OPTS="-Xss4m -Djava.awt.headless=true"
JAVA_HOME=/usr/local/jdk1.4.2

export CATALINA_HOME CATALINA_BASE
export JAVA_OPTS JAVA_HOME

cd "$CATALINA_BASE"
exec "$CATALINA_HOME"/bin/catalina.sh $1
]]

This is what I use to start Tomcat.

Thanks in advance for your help. I've learned a lot from these lists
already :-)

Bryan
--
Open Source: by the people, for the people.