Date:      Fri, 08 Sep 2000 16:19:22 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        "Jonathan M. Slivko" <jslivko@coresync.net>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Home Directories -- in the point of security?

Symlink a ~/Web subdirectory into the user's directory and make that one
world-readable. If updating Web pages is the only reason users use FTP,
chroot them into their Web directories when they connect via FTP. Put
quotas on the Web subdirectories, too. Some folks don't realize just
how big their uncompressed (or badly compressed) images are.

--Brett