Date:      Fri, 22 Feb 2002 15:24:40 -0500
From:      "Joe & Fhe Barbish" <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
To:        "mess-mate" <messmate@free.fr>
Cc:        "FBSDQ" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Really suck with FreeBSD

S3 card = AGP video card and the sound card sharing the same irq is a common
problem with most PC's. This is a PC bios thing. Most AGP vido cards do not
need a irq assigned to it in the bios to work. Also try putting your sound
card in different slot. You isdn card may look and behave like a generic nic
card so don't get upset at what FBSD calls it. The main thing is that each
card in your PC must have it's own bios assigned irq to work in FBSD. If you
can not see each device with it's own irq in the PC's Bios summary display
screen that pops up during the PC hardware post process them you must play
with the PC's bio setup enviroment until you do.