Date:      Mon, 4 Aug 1997 22:14:47 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Nathan Dorfman <nathan@senate.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Sequencer and SB16

I tried to compile the doom port to ease the boredom, and it compiles
and runs just fine, both with the doom1.wad it includes, and the
doom2.wad from my old Doom 2 CD. However, I can't get the musserver
to work. I remember on Linsux you'd have to use the -f option, otherwise
MIDI wouldn't play, in a shell script. Still no dice. Except this time,
it would print a few xterm-fulls of messages about /dev/sequencer: device
not configured. Here is /dev/sndstat. Note that there is no Sequencer
device, which is probably the source of all my problems - how would I
go about fixing that?

VoxWare Sound Driver:3.0-beta-950506 (Sun Feb 5 14:38:12 EST 1995 freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com)
Config options: ffffffff

Installed drivers:
Type 2: SoundBlaster
Type 6: SoundBlaster16
Type 7: SB16 MIDI

Card config:
SoundBlaster at 0x220 irq 5 drq 1
SoundBlaster16 at 0xffffffff irq 4294967295 drq 5
SB16 MIDI at 0x330 irq 4294967295 drq 4294967295

Audio devices:
0: SoundBlaster 16 4.5

Synth devices:

Midi devices: