Date:      Tue, 12 Aug 2008 01:08:46 +1000 (EST)
From:      Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au>
To:        Onur Aslan <onuraslan@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Named Listen IP

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008, Onur Aslan wrote:
 > I am using named for a ns server. Named listening all ips for my
 > machine. But when i reboot machine, my ppp network connecting after
 > started named. named doesn't listening my ppp network's ip. Do you
 > have a solution?

Assuming you have a fixed IP address when ppp comes up, specify that
address in named's listen-on list.  When ppp has connected, assigned its
addresses and set the default route, have ppp run an up-script that runs
'/etc/rc.d/named restart'.

named will then see the ppp interface and listen on that address as well
as any others specified, like localhost.  ppp runs its up/down scripts
as root; you don't need (or want) to have named running as root.

cheers, Ian