Date:      17 Feb 2000 16:37:19 -0800
From:      asami@freebsd.org (Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami)
To:        Martin Cracauer <cracauer@cons.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: linux_mesa and linux_glide

 * From: Martin Cracauer <cracauer@cons.org>

 * I put them there because they are an additions to linux_base.
 *
 * I think that things whose primary intention is to get some emulated
 * binaries to work should be in emulators/. Or in turn that everything
 * you need to get a Linux binary to work should be in emulators/
 *
 * Whereas things in graphics/ should be those you install to do
 * something with them directly, i.e. by writing a program that needs
 * libraries. This is not usually the case for the Linux libs, especially
 * now that you can have FreeBSD binaries using Glide.
 *
 * I apologize if that has just been discussed, I don't follow the ports
 * mailing list.

No need to apologize, but it doesn't really make any difference
whether something is a library or an application.

I was looking for linux-mesa in graphics because I knew mesa was
there, and I ended up doing a grep in INDEX to find it in emulators.
A and linux_A should generally be in the same category.

Satoshi