Date:      Fri, 10 Jan 1997 01:34:40 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   tiff upgrade to 3.4?

As you may have noticed, there have been some talk about upgrading
tiff to version 3.4.  Unfortunately, it is not compatible with
tiff-3.3 we have in the tree, and because of (insert your favorite
long-winding explanation of why we can't have two versions in the tree
here), we can only upgrade if we can coordinate the upgrade with all
the ports that depend on it.

This is a list of ports that require tiff (from the INDEX file):

graphics/ImageMagick
graphics/gimp
graphics/gimp-devel
graphics/mpegedit
graphics/netpbm
graphics/tgif
graphics/xpaint
graphics/xv
japanese/tgif
print/apsfilter

Can people build the tiff34 port (in ports/graphics, don't forget to
remove BROKEN seat belt) and test these?  You will need to rebuild
tiff and then rebuild the applications.

Some of them require patches, and Thomas will send those to this list.

Thanks....

Satoshi