Date:      Mon, 31 Dec 2012 00:24:18 +0100
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problem after installkernel going from 9.0 to CURRENT

On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 17:26:40 -0500, Robert Huff wrote:
> 	Used csup (tag=.) to update the source tree as of midnight last night.

This seems to be discouraged today. Instead svn should be used.

> 	5) On rebooting, the loader(??) claims to not be able to find a
> bootable partition - i.e. I get a screen that ends in "mountpoint  > ".

Are you sure this isn't the "mountroot>" prompt? It indicates
that the / partition cannot be mounted to continue booting.
Maybe you can interrupt at the boot loader and examine the
mount source for /, or manually set it to be ada0p1?

> Providing the presumptive value by hand returns "error 19".

No root partition, probably. :-)

> 	This is my first time installing to a GPT partitioned system, and I
> have (obviously) failed to grok something.  I checked src/UPDATING and
> found nothing which covered this.

That's why _I_ prefer old-fashioned MBR partitioning with
sysinstall which has never failed me. :-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany