Date:      Mon, 25 Feb 2002 11:50:54 +0100
From:      Georg-W Koltermann <Georg.Koltermann@mscsoftware.com>
To:        Ernst de Haan <znerd@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        java@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Port www/jakarta-tomcat refactored

At Thu, 21 Feb 2002 21:33:56 +0100,
Ernst de Haan wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just finished refactoring the Jakarta Tomcat port (www/jakarta-tomcat). There
> were a lot of suggestions and comments, and I tried to squeeze them all in.

Ernst,

the port is still for Tomcat 3.x, right?  Are there any plans for a
port of Tomcat 4?  I'm running it right now, and it seems to be quite
usable.

The only problems that I remember are occasional out-of-memory errors
(caused by reloading classes during the development cycle, I assume),
and some problems with CGI scripts in standalone mode, which probably
doesn't hurt anybody because in the end most people would serve static
and CGI content by Apache anyway.

--
Regards,
Georg.