Date:      Sun, 27 May 2012 09:31:36 -0500
From:      Antonio Olivares <olivares14031@gmail.com>
To:        Leslie Jensen <leslie@eskk.nu>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: xfce4.10, terminal command not working, no icons on panel(s)

On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 8:54 AM, Leslie Jensen <leslie@eskk.nu> wrote:

> Antonio Olivares skrev 2012-05-27 15:38:
>>
>> Dear folks,
>>
>> I updated ports and consequently updated to xfce4.10. =A0I try to run
>> terminal and it does not work.
>>
>> Script started on Sun May 27 08:32:31 2012
>>
>> [olivares@tricorehome ~]$ termian? ?? ?nal
>> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libxfce4util.so.5" not found,
>> required by "terminal"
>> [olivares@tricorehome ~]$
>>
>> There are no icons on bottom panel :( =A0Clock is moved from corner.
>>
>> I am not complaining, but I do want advice on how to fix it. =A0I am
>> thinking about removing xfce . directory in home directory, but I am
>> not sure that it would reset everything. =A0The fonts are too small,
>> they were great in Xfce 4.8.3, but now they are too small and it is
>> hard to distingush them.
>>
>> Advice/suggestions/comments are greatly appreciated and will be
>> applied to fix these changes in the xfce camp.
>>
>> Regards,
>>

>> Antonio
>
> Have you read the entry in /usr/ports/UPDATING

I had confused this with /usr/src/UPDATING, and I saw no entries there
for XFCE :(, I have gotten away without viewing the file.  I know it
is highly recommended to read it, but I confuse it with the other file
:(  Now I saw what I needed to remove and have done it :)

> I forgot to remove those ports and got the same error.
>
> I removed them after the upgrade and then I did
>
> portmaster -tf xfce-4.10

Now in th process of doing this :)

> Now terminal and Orage works again :-)
>
> /Leslie