Date:      Mon, 23 Mar 1998 10:10:04 -0500
From:      Mike Shimony <mikes@thunder.ocis.temple.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Setup Problems

Hi,

I'm having a few problems setting up FreeBSD to run on my
system.

1. Beside looking at the hardware is there a way to
determine the address and irq of devices?

2. I have Compudyne KD-1700V Monitor and a Diamond Speed
Star Pro Video Card. While setting up Xwindows I entered the
ranges for Horizontal (30-82kHz) and Vertical (50-120Hz).
When I move a window I get small white horizontal lines
flashing on the screen. And sometimes my mouse cursor turns
into a bunch of vertical bars (like a bar code). I didn't
set a clock for the video card. Should I run Xprobe even
though It says not to. I was able to get this setup to work
under Linux, and I've tried it with the same settings but it
still doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike Shimony
mikes@thunder.ocis.temple.edu