Date:      Wed, 5 Apr 2000 16:56:57 -0500
From:      "G. Adam Stanislav" <adam@whizkidtech.net>
To:        Anatoly Vorobey <mellon@pobox.com>
Cc:        Marco van de Voort <marcov@stack.nl>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Unicode on FreeBSD

On Wed, Apr 05, 2000 at 05:30:38PM -0400, Anatoly Vorobey wrote:
>I am willing to do this work ( a)-d) ), have a good understanding of
>the issues involved, etc.

Yes, you clearly do. :)

> However I am neither a committer nor a
>member of -core. If -core thinks this whole thing is a Bad Idea,
>my changes won't get reviewed and/or committed, and I don't want to do
>a lot of work to find out later it won't get into FreeBSD. This
>is why I've asked for an endorsement from the People Who Decide
>Things: not a guarantee, of course, that whatever I do will be
>welcomed, but rather an acknowledgement that this is a Worthy Issue
>and if my diffs are working well and answer the needed criteria,
>they will be reviewed and committed.

I'd say: Go for it. The core never decides on ideas, as far as I know.
They only decide on code after it is written. You may want to talk to
Soren since he has done most of the console work. It is better if
your effort is coordinated with his.

Cheers,
Adam

--
"Let's eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we may diet"
		-- Seen on a dining room wall...