Date:      Tue, 29 Aug 2000 12:44:27 +1100 (EST)
From:      marka@nominum.com
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports/20914: netscape enters busy-loop

>Number:         20914
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       netscape enters busy-loop
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Environment:

FreeBSD drugs.dv.isc.org 4.1-STABLE FreeBSD 4.1-STABLE #0: Fri Aug 25 14:45:11 EST 2000     marka@drugs.dv.isc.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/DRUGS  i386

netscape-communicator-4.75 Netscape ver 4 communicator web-surfboard
netscape-remote-1.0 Utility to pass commands to running netscape process
netscape-wrapper-2000.07.07 Netscape wrapper to avoid multiple invocation and more

	Netscape stops responding to keyboard / refresh / mouse / focus or
	window destroy and enter a busy loop.  This usually happens within
	a hour of use, though I have had it occur within 30 seconds.  The
	only recover is to kill the process.

	Unfortunately gdb does not like the executable so the backtrace is
	not as helpful as it could be when you attach to the process.

(gdb) where
#0  0x20c07851 in ?? ()
#1  0x20c0780a in ?? ()
#2  0x20bde178 in ?? ()
#3  0x6bce6a in ?? ()
#4  0x6bd32a in ?? ()
#5  0x6b1296 in ?? ()
#6  0x643b0d in ?? ()
#7  0x64883d in ?? ()
#8  0x64aa3b in ?? ()
#9  0x64a225 in ?? ()
#10 0x65e7eb in ?? ()
#11 0x69a57d in ?? ()
#12 0x90340c in ?? ()
#13 0x90345b in ?? ()
#14 0x9034da in ?? ()
#15 0x1321278 in ?? ()
#16 0xd1d980 in ?? ()
(gdb)

>How-To-Repeat:

	Install netscape-communicator-4.75 and wait.