Date:      Tue, 9 May 2000 09:37:10 -0500
From:      Brad Guillory <round@baileylink.net>
To:        "N. N.M" <madrapour@hotmail.com>
Cc:        andersonfox@mail.ru, sage@ec-raves.com, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Very far off topic (was Maybe off topic)

This is very very far off charter.  There is a SMP mailing list, why did
you choose security?  Please move this thread there.

More info about the mailing lists are here:
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/eresources.html#ERESOURCES-MAIL

And you can search the archives here:

BMG

On Tue, May 09, 2000 at 07:28:43AM -0700, N. N.M wrote:
> Thanks both of you for your comments. I tried what one of you told me about
> commenting out two lines (i386 and i384) and uncommenting out the lines
> related to SMP support and then recompile the kernel. But nothing was
> changed. And in the output of "top" command I still don't have CPU0 and
> CPU1. Any other idea on what I can check or change?
>
> thanks a lot for your time,
> Nazila M.
>

> >From: Fox Anderson <andersonfox@mail.ru>
> >To: "N. N.M" <madrapour@hotmail.com>
> >Subject: Re: Maybe off topic
> >Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 16:25:19 +0300
> >
> >ΧΤ , 09 ΝΑΚ 2000, χΩ ΞΑΠΙΣΑΜΙ:
> > > Hi everybody,
> > >
> > > Sorry in advance if my question sound off. I installed FreeBSD 3.2 on a
> > > dual-processor PC. How can I get sure that OS detects that? (it seems
> >that
> > > it doesn't). Do I need any extra configuration (more than default
> > > configuration) to force FreeBSD 3.2 to detect it?
> > >
> > > All comments are appreciated.
> > > Thanks a lot,
> > > Nazila M.
> >
> >You have to compile your kernel with SMP support. Then reboot and run top.
> >You'll see CPU0 and CPU1 in STATE column.
> >                 good luck.

   __O
 _-\<,_     Why drive when you can bike?
(_)/ (_)