Date:      Thu, 11 Jul 1996 14:52:24 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Uptime report

I'm getting ready to upgrade my -stable machine to -current.  It has
been up for 60 days now.  It is running a -stable kernel from April
15ish.  I have had X running for two months now.

However, I've noticed that when I killed X I still had 33M in swap
space in use.  The only things on the machine were the tcsh process
and my ps (and a couple inits and xdm daemons).  I have 32M of
physical memory, so it smells like a swap leak of some kind.

Since I have to upgrade to -current for other reasons, I thought I'd
unable to try to reproduce this problem (and in fact all attempts to
get a reproducible growth have failed, as far as I can tell).

Maybe this bug has been fixed since then (a lot has changed in -stable
since then), but felt duty bound to report the observation.  I'll keep
an eye on things with -current to see if I see the same sorts of
problems.

Warner