Date:      Mon, 25 Oct 1999 10:18:13 -0700
From:      "Min Wei (Exchange)" <minwei@Exchange.Microsoft.com>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG, "'hackers@freebsd.org'" <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD reboots

Hi. I have a situation where FreeBSD 3.2 reboots once a while (less than
every
12 hours). My net environment is, FreeBSD 3.2 sits behind a Cisco
LocalDirector.
The FreeBSD machine is a Dell dual-proc with 512M RAM. I recompiled the
kernel
with SMP options and set MAXMEM to 512M (since by default FreeBSD thinks it
only
has 64M).  I have apache installed as the Web server.

However during our Web stress run, FreeBSD reboots periodically. I wonder
if it's because a lot of TCP connections at FIN_WAIT_2 state, which causes
the kernel crash. The load on the machine is not high (CPU is about 90% idle
from
top). I could only guess Cisco LD might not be configured properly which
causes
a lot of open connections.

Anyone sees this kind of problem before? Any advice would be greatly
appreciated.

	Thanks,
	--min