Date:      Mon, 3 Jan 2011 23:05:09 -0600
From:      Adam Vande More <amvandemore@gmail.com>
To:        Michal Varga <varga.michal@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org, Ivan Voras <ivoras@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Nvidia driver?

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 10:23 PM, Michal Varga <varga.michal@gmail.com> wrote

> >  Is amd64 supported? How about 9-current / HEAD?
>
> ADM64 - yes. Personally I don't run any amd64 systems for reasons
> unrelated, but a fair share of nvidia users do (still, far from
> majority). Anyway, as far as I can tell, works about the same as i386
> drivers.

amd64 runs great for me, there aren't any differences as far a
configuration/ports/upgrading/etc from an end user perspective.  FreeBSD
amd64 binary Nvidia driver support is relatively new but I've never had a
single issue with it although my needs are pretty basic.

CURRENT/HEAD - no idea, sorry.

It's kinda like everything else on CURRENT, it works the majority of the
time.  However when it does break it can be painful.