Date:      Sun, 21 Jan 2001 14:29:39 -0600
From:      Marius Strom <marius@marius.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail

Any console information would probably be most helpful here.

On Sun, Jan 21, 2001 at 02:35:50AM -0700, Darren wrote:
> alright, I'm not sure if this is a hardware problem that can be helped.
> but I wonder if anyone out there is having a similar problem.  I have a
> maxtor 60 gig drive, whenever it approaches the 30 gig mark... we've never
> had a need to store more than that.  it starts crashing.  my system has
> frozen up two times in the last week.  with the current incident I was in
> telnet over my lan from windows, decompressing a file and using cuteftp to
> download a different file.  I heard a beep come from the
> computer(FreeBSD), and that was it... crashed...  had to force a reboot
> by manually pressing the button.
>
> -Darren

Marius Strom <marius@marius.org>
Professional Geek/Unix System Administrator
http://www.marius.org/marius.pgp 0x55DE53E4

"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a mini-van full of DLT
tapes traveling down the highway at 65 miles per hour..."
	-Andrew Tanenbaum, "Computer Networks"