Date:      Thu, 07 Nov 2002 03:44:09 +0900
From:      Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume@mahoroba.org>
To:        Maxime Henrion <mux@freebsd.org>
Cc:        net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: problems with stf(4) and ipv6_gateway_enable

Hi,

>>>>> On Wed, 6 Nov 2002 10:20:30 -0800
>>>>> Maxime Henrion <mux@freebsd.org> said:

mux> Well, my interface which is connected to the net is xl1.  The interface
mux> connected to the local subnet is xl0.  If I change rtadvd_interfaces to
mux> xl1, ping6 on the box behind the router gets a no route to host while
mux> the DNS lookup worked before, but I wasn't getting any replies.

Now, I see your network.

mux> Maybe I should set a prefix for xl0 too ?  I really suck at IPv6 :-).

Yes, you need to set a prefix to xl0.  Rtadvd(8) takes a prefix from
an interface which rtadvd(8) advertises a prefix.
You are confusing about tunnel setup, not IPv6 actually. :-)

Sincerely,

ume@mahoroba.org  ume@bisd.hitachi.co.jp  ume@{,jp.}FreeBSD.org
http://www.imasy.org/~ume/