Date:      Mon, 26 Mar 2012 09:30:33 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Bob Friesenhahn <bfriesen@simple.dallas.tx.us>
To:        Sven Brandenburg <sven@crashme.org>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NFSv3, ZFS, 10GE performance

On Mon, 26 Mar 2012, Sven Brandenburg wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm toying around with a potential ZFS based Fileserver and I'm curious as to
> what level of performance can be expected from FreeBSD 9 and ZFS exports via
> NFS(v3) over 10GE.
> My current testing shows that while I can easily saturate the 10GE links with
> ttcp, I 'only' manage about 300MB/s through NFS. In my tests, the exported

How are you performing your testing?  Do you have a zfs server
directory and are copying files from the server to a client?

What size are the test files on your server?

How much RAM does your server have and how much is zfs allowed to use?

What program are you using to perform the copy?

Is the copy sequential or can it be done in parallel via multiple
processes/threads on the client?

Are you only interested in single threaded read performance to a
single client?

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn