Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 2024 15:41:11 +0000 (UTC)
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        bofh@FreeBSD.org, Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   ncurses /usr vs. /usr/local vs. undefined symbols

Hi,

I have no idea where to start but I know if I uninstall the ncruses port
the problem goes away.

I am trying to build a few packages on main/arm64 (from the last 24h)
and this is like the 5th port I run into this problem now:

ld: error: undefined symbol: newterm
>>> referenced by clamdtop.c
>>>               clamdtop/CMakeFiles/clamdtop.dir/clamdtop.c.o:(main)

ld: error: undefined symbol: start_color
>>> referenced by clamdtop.c
>>>               clamdtop/CMakeFiles/clamdtop.dir/clamdtop.c.o:(main)

ld: error: undefined symbol: nonl
>>> referenced by clamdtop.c
>>>               clamdtop/CMakeFiles/clamdtop.dir/clamdtop.c.o:(main)

ld: error: undefined symbol: noecho
>>> referenced by clamdtop.c
>>>               clamdtop/CMakeFiles/clamdtop.dir/clamdtop.c.o:(main)

# ldconfig -r | grep curses
         62:-lncursesw.9 => /lib/libncursesw.so.9
         289:-lncurses.6 => /usr/local/lib/libncurses.so.6

Something tells me something has changed but I don't even know where to
start digging.  I didn't see this the last time I did in March.
Is this a src or a ports problem, ncurses or even linker?

/bz

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                                                     r15:7