Date:      Sun, 05 Oct 1997 16:05:55 -0700
From:      Jake <jake@bc1.com>
To:        "multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG" <multimedia@freebsd.org>
Subject:   no sound in fxtv

Hi, I'm not getting any sound in FXTV.
I have a zoltrix bt848 pci card, and a soundblaster 16 cound card.
I've got an audio cable running from the sound card to the capture card,

and from the capture card to my cdrom.
cdrom audio works fine.  I have the sound driver installed, and all the
programs required by
fxtv.  cat x.au >/dev/audio works, the sound file x.au plays.
I made all the snd0 devices.
Can't think of anything else,  how come there's no sound?
I get picture, no sound.
Do I have to have the linux emulator installed?
I read the readme for the voxware sound driver, and it seemed like it as
for linux.

thanks for any suggestions

Jake

--