Date:      Sat, 08 Apr 2000 11:27:57 -0500
From:      John Estess <jestess@wcnet.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, adrian@freebsd.org, kris@freebsd.org, freebsd-fs@freebsd.org, freebsd@unix-consult.org
Subject:   UNIONFS

Timo,

Please send your crash dump to me.

While I have yet to cause a panic using unionfs, I've noticed a few
interesting things - like the inability to umount(no kidding - am I
doing something wrong?). Also, a whiteout file was affected. Yes, I'll
recheck that - that didn't make sense.

I've perused the mailing lists for the union fs and read the scant info
in the D&I book, but I want to make sure there isn't a RFC or something
for this fs. Is there some guidance besides the source code for this
thing or is this a "let your conscience be your guide" scenario?

Also, I've switched back to 4.0-Stable because I don't want to ride out
the significant 5.0-Current changes coming down the pike . Since the
Unionfs doesn't work anyway, can the powers-that-be update both Current
and Stable in this case? It would be nice to development this in a
working environment. Also, is the vfs code slated for massive overhaul
soon?

This thread needs to go to freebsd-fs.

John Estess
jestess@wcnet.net