Date:      Fri, 20 Mar 2009 21:44:40 +0100
From:      Christian Walther <cptsalek@gmail.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   sysutils/conky: Make --disable-x11 available in make config

Hi,

I'm currently configuring conky for my xmonad+dzen2 setup. This means
that I want to use conkys variable, but simply send a text string to
STDOUT. The problem I have is as follows:
- using "output_to_console yes" makes conky still draw to the root
window. To make matters worse: dzen2 gets only updated as long as the
root window has the focus. I guess this could be filed as a bug,
though.
- Yes, there is sysutils/conky-awesome which sets --disable-x11 by
default. But it contains another crucial patch that makes conky send
an additional \n after every line. Since dzen2 shows only one line, it
appears to be empty all the time.

I guess the easiest way to deal with this would be to make x11
configurable, wouldn't it?

(I interrupted the make install after configure was finished,
restarting it with my own set of options, resuming the port build
after configure was finished. But this won't survive the next
portupgrade. ;-)

Regards
Christian Walther