Date:      Sun, 2 Feb 2014 17:22:11 -0500
From:      Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org" <freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org>
Subject:   CFT: Very rough draft of PetiteCloud 0.2.4 (Linux as a host)

Even though FreeBSD will always be my preferred OS for both personal and
professional use it is sad to say in today's world if you do not support
Linux and your run on Unix-like OS's then to everyone out side [insert
favorite OS here] you don't exist.   This is even more so for a effort like
PetiteCloud that needs the widest possible user base to grow (the user base
is what will attract apps which will attract more users and so forth).  For
the above reasons it is obvious that PetiteCloud *MUST* support linux as
host or we simply are irrelevant to mainstream cloud computing users.

It is likely less painful to do it now then later when we have more devices
and drivers and such to have to sort out.  Therefore I have posted a
developer's snapshot of 0.2.4 with Linux hosting on the normal download
link (don't worry the FreeBSD build still works fine).   Take a look at the
developers section of the site for details of how to install and test it.