Date:      Fri, 15 Jun 2001 23:37:46 -0400
From:      "Phil Dabrowiecki" <tmontana2k@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org

<DIV>Here's the problem, From my bios,&nbsp;I have a table that lists all the devices on my motherboard, for my sound card it says&nbsp; 'input device' and the irq = N/A</DIV>
<DIV>I'm using an Asus A7V, I know my sound card works cause I was running a win32 system and it worked, but I know on a different Asus motherboard, it says it's a multimedia device. So it might be a problem there. I've even tried reserving the IRQ for my sound card through the PCI slots and still no go.</DIV>
<DIV>When I boot to BSD, it detects the sound card on the pci slot and IRQ 14, but in the bios tables, it says the device # is 9</DIV>
<DIV>here's part of my dmesg:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>pcm0: &lt;Creative EMU10K1&gt; irq 14 at device 9.0 on pci0<BR>pcm0: unable to map register space<BR>device_probe_and_attach: pcm0 attach returned 6</DIV>
<DIV><BR>and the only thing I added to the kernel is 'device pcm'</DIV>
<DIV>any suggestions??</DIV>
<DIV>thx a lot</DIV>