Date:      Mon, 27 Nov 1995 08:48:35 +0100
From:      Andras Olah <olah@cs.utwente.nl>
To:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Theory Failed: screen vs keyboard lock-up

On Sun, 26 Nov 1995 23:27:06 EST, "Marc G. Fournier" wrote:

> Well, this is getting ridiculous.
>
> Totally randomly, it seems, my keyboard locks up tight.  At first,
[ ... ]

Marc,

I can't tell you what's causing it but I've got similar symptoms
since the beginnings.  Right now I'm running 2.1.0-SNAP-9507?? and
it still happens every now and then.  The only thing I noticed is
that it always happens when I switch screens during disk activity.
Also note that during a lockup I'm able to login on a serial line
and everything works OK*.  It's only the console input which is lost
until I reboot the machine.

System: noname AMD486/40MHz, 8MB RAM, IDE 420MB hd with on board IDE
controller

Andras

* The only problem is that my wife tolerates only one computer in
the living room and I'm lazy to draw a serial cable between the
living room and an old XT in the attic, so I had to revert to job
control in my primary shell in vt0 in order to avoid the lockups. ;-)