Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 2000 10:56:15 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
To:        roger@cs.strath.ac.uk (Roger Hardiman)
Cc:        dburr@borg-cube.com (Donald Burr), freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD Multimedia), freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD Questions)
Subject:   Re: Is bktr driver compatible with 3dfx Voodoo3 3500?

It seems Roger Hardiman wrote:
> Donald,
>
> > a Voodoo3 3500 TV AGP card.
> >
> > So I was wondering if the FreeBSD bktr driver
> > supports this card?  (both TV and radio functions)
>
> The bktr driver does not support and VGA+TV
> combination cards on the market.
> So there is no support for Voodoo3 3500 TV,
> no support for the Matrox G400 with TV capture
> no support for the Elsa Erazer III (TNT2) TV capture
>
> The bktr driver is only for PCI cards using the
> Bt848, Bt849, Bt878 and Bt879 chipsets from
> Brooktree/Conextant/Rockwell.

Another possibility is to use the ATI All-In-Wonder line of
cards, the GATOS project support these for TV etc, but its
a very different beast, and you dont get the 3D things
from the woodoo either, only what the ATI Rage II/128 chip
can do (which is not supported in the free 3D world IIRC).
You do save a PCI slot though :)

-Søren