Date:      Thu, 26 Oct 1995 16:48:54 -0600
From:      kelly@fsl.noaa.gov (Sean Kelly)
To:        dbaker@baker.err.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Printing with HP Deskjet

>>>>> "Daniel" == Daniel Baker <dbaker@baker.err.com> writes:

    Daniel> But I have a Postscript printer..

Sorry, I thought the HP DeskJet 560c was an HP/PCL-only printer.  If
it supports PostScript, great.  You don't need to start screwing with
Ghostscript, then.

The problem might be that it's not detecting that the incoming data is
PostScript.  Using the front panel controls (or whatever), set it for
PostScript-only mode.  No PCL.  No auto-detect.  Then try

	cat whatever.ps > /dev/lpt0

and let me know what happens.

--
Sean Kelly
NOAA Forecast Systems Laboratory, Boulder Colorado USA

Comment on how sexy the instructor is looking that day.
-- One of 50 things to do during a final exam.