Date:      Sat, 06 Sep 1997 20:44:47 -0000 (GMT)
From:      Chris Dillon <cdillon@tri-lakes.net>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tape geometries for the floppy-tape driver

On 06-Sep-97 Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
>> I notice that FreeBSD's ft driver has been stagnant for some time.  I
>
>This driver has been, in fact, abandoned.
>
>                                       Jordan

I see.. That would explain the situation. :)  But with the new
proliferance of floppy-based tape devices (IDE too, but I won't go
there..), wouldn't it be wise for *someone* to try and keep it just a
little up to date?  I am going to try (cross fingers) my best to add some
tape geometries to that table (gonna have to read the source to find out
what all those fields are, i guess.. unless someone is kind enough to tell
me) and test them out.  Would there be any problems with someone
submitting the changes if I do so?

--- Chris Dillon
--- cdillon@tri-lakes.net